– Recipe 2 –
How to create Loch Fyne's
Smoked Haddock Remoulade this Christmas
Hosting a dinner party and looking to impress your guests from the get go with a delicious fish dish?
Follow the steps below to create our delicious Smoked Haddock Remoulade starter in your own home.
Not only will this tempting treat go down well with your guests, it's also packed with health benefits such as strengthening your immunity, improving the brain function and reducing stress.
Now there's a few facts for the dinner table!
Don't forget – you can buy your fresh haddock directly from your local Loch Fyne restaurant.
Serves: 6 people
Difficulty: 2 / 5
400g undyed, naturally smoked haddock
10g chopped dill
50g spring onions – finely sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
Pinch white pepper
30g lilliput capers – drained
60g cornichon – halved
30g watercress, leaves picked
12 slices, granary bread, toasted
1. Poach the haddock in the milk and water by bringing them to the boil, simmer for 5–8 minutes and allow to cool.
2. Remove all the bones and skin before flaking into little pieces. Mix with mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning
– don't over mix or it will get mushy.
3. Add in your finely sliced spring onions and chopped dill – refrigerate until required.
How to Serve
1. Equally divide the remoulade between your plates, pressed into a pastry cutter.
2. Sprinkle over your capers, arrange your halved cornichon and garnish with picked watercress leaves.
3. Enjoy with warm granary bread, toasted.