Oyster Tempura serves 4
- Vegetable Oil 30 ml
- 2 x Spring onions finely sliced 15 gram
- 2 x Red Chilli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tblsp Fresh Coriander
- 24 x large Rock Oysters Rock (allow 6 per person)
- 1 Lime – quartered to serve
- Chilli Jam to serve (available from most good supermarkets)
- Good quality Tempura battermix (available from most good supermarkets)
1. Finely slice the spring onion and chilli. Roughly chop the coriander and mixtogether.
2. Open your oysters and remove from the shell, keeping the mussel attached to the oyster.
3. Make sure the oyster is plump and has a sweet fresh smell.
4. Dry the oyster in some paper towel, lightly coat the oysters with the tempura batter and deep fry in 2-3 cm of hot oil until batter gets crispy on the outside.
5. Drain off any excess oil using paper towel and season well.
6. Place the oyster back in the cleaned shell and sprinkle over the spring onion and chilli mix.
7. Serve with a wedge of lime and chilli jam, as per picture.
- 160g Raspberries
- 40ml Drambuie
- 40g clear blossom honey
- 40g porridge oats
- 300ml Double Cream
1. Toast the oats under a hot grill until golden brown and leave to cool.
2. Whip the double cream, honey and Drambuie until it reaches a soft peak consistency.
3. Lightly fold the raspberries and 2/3rds of the toasted oats through the lightly whipped cream.
4. Pipe or spoon the cream mix into serving glasses
5. Sprinkle toasted oats over cream and finish with a raspberry on top garnished with mint and a light dusting of icing sugar.
6. Serve with 2 shortbread biscuits